So, if you were at my wedding 8 years ago – you saw a cute little girl twirling on the dance floor and making all of our guests smile. That was Annie then… and this is Annie now. She is all grown up and graduating from high school this coming year. She still has that amazing gift of making everyone smile. I’m sooooooo lucky to have her as my little cousin and am so proud to see the amazing woman that she has become and I’m excited to see what God has in store for her future! I’m very happy that part of her near future includes going to college to play soccer in Indiana!!!! We did her senior portraits up in Grand Haven, Michigan and a few at Maranatha (or as my husband likes to call it – “Heaven on Earth”). Hope you enjoy some of her pics!
One, two, three… swing! What a great “tool” to use when you want to make a toddler happy! This first photo made me laugh out loud when I saw the joy and laughter on the kids’ faces (especially the youngest). This sweet family endured the summer heat with me to capture some wonderful family memories. And it was a special treat for me to see their mom (Jennifer). She and I went to high school together and played volleyball together. I think the last time I saw her in person was my senior year back in good ol’ 1996. Keep the gasps to a minimal – I know that is a long time ago. Thanks so much for a fun evening guys! It was a blast.
Where to begin! How about 6 years ago when I first started coaching volleyball. Maddie wasn’t at the first practice due to being out of town. All the girls kept telling me, “Coach, you will love squirt! She is so sweet.” Yep, Maddison (or as I like to call her, Maddie) was “Squirt.” And “Squirt” is now graduating and has grown into such an amazing young lady. I just love this girl. I knew this photo shoot was going to be fun, but I didn’t know it was going to be as amazing and funny as it was. I’d like to say it was an adventure. Maddie and her mom (Holly) spent weeks leading up to our shoot searching for tons of cool spots for us to use. A few of them required Holly to pull out some of her amazing parking skills (you go, Holly!). We also utilized our amazing yelling skills as we walked thru a field of tall grass in order to scare away any wild creatures that might be hiding at our feet. Yep, we had a good time.
So, I had to pull out just a few of my favorite pics for this blog and I’m so drawn to Maddie’s sweet, semi-serious look. She just rocks that look! It’s like “BAM!”
I also wanted to start something new with my senior blogs. My friends over at Redbox Photography (in FL) do this and I think it is so fun! It is 10 things you might not know about Maddie. And here they are.
10 Things About Maddie
1. Where do you attend school? Greenwood Christian Academy
2. What are your hobbies? I love playing volleyball, listening to music, working out, eating healthy, swimming, and hanging out with my friends and family.
3. What is your favorite color? Purple and bright blues
4. Favorite childhood memory? I have a lot of childhood memories! Two of my favorites are family vacations to Florida and playing with my brother Morgan and cousins Zach, Hannah, and Mak.
5. Food that you can not stand? Watermelon! I can’t even stand the smell of it!
6. Favorite book? The Bible.
7. Are you a cat person, dog person or neither? DOG!!
8. Who has been an important role model for you thus far? Multiple people in my family
9. What will you miss most about high school? Volleyball and my entire class
10. What are your plans for the future? Go to college and major in excercise science
*Extra: I was born in Louisville, KY and lived there for a little over 2 years
Thanks, Maddie!!!!!! I’m going to miss you so much next year! Love ya!